The Jacksonville Jaguars got some much-needed

All discussions welcome
zhangzk

JACKSONVILLE Daniel Jones Jersey , Fla. (AP) — help for new quarterback Nick Foles.Jacksonville moved up three spots to choose Florida right tackle Jawaan Taylor in the second round Friday night and then selected San Jose State tight end Josh Oliver in the third. Both should be step-in starters for an offense that ranked last in the NFL in touchdowns (22) in 2018.The Jaguars also picked Murray State linebacker Quincy Williams late in the third round (No. 98 overall), adding the older brother of New York Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams. The Jets took Quinnen Williams with the third overall pick.Taylor replaces veteran Jermey Parnell, who was let go before free agency. Oliver supplants Austin Seferian-Jenkins, who caught 11 passes in five games in his only season in Jacksonville.The Jaguars had planned to add pieces around Foles, who signed a four-year, $88 million contract that included $50.125 million guaranteed. But the team changed direction when Kentucky defensive end Josh Allen fell to No. 7 in the first round Thursday.The Jags turned their attention to the other side of the ball in Day 2.They sent picks 38 and 109 (fourth round) to Oakland in exchange for Nos. 35, 140 (fifth) and 235 (seventh). General manager Dave Caldwell said he failed to trade into the bottom of the first round to grab Taylor, who grew up about two hours down the road in Cocoa and lost 80 pounds to land a scholarship with the Gators.Taylor, who spends much of his free time fishing, said staying in the Sunshine State was the ideal scenario. How it happened left the 6-foot-5, 312-pound lineman perplexed and perturbed.There were reports that a torn meniscus in 2017 caused teams some concern, but Caldwell said Jacksonville’s doctors had no worries about Taylor’s health. Taylor skipped the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine and his on-campus pro day because of a strained hamstring.“The medical reports are definitely false. I’m 100 percent healthy and ready to go,” said Taylor, who stayed in Nashville Quincy Williams II Jersey , Tennessee, for the draft and got his moment on the big stage. “It hurt a little bit last night that you couldn’t see the reason was why I didn’t get picked. …I’m a little upset, but everything happens for a reason.”Taylor fills the team’s most gaping hole, where Jacksonville let 32-year-old Parnell walk and have little depth at the position.The Jags signed former Cincinnati right tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to a one-year deal in free agency and re-signed oft-injured Josh Wells. They also drafted Will Richardson in the fourth round in 2018. But none of them was considered a long-term answer at the position.Taylor is. He was a three-year starter at Florida and part of an offensive line that allowed just 18 sacks in 2018. He spent the last few months honing his technique with veteran NFL offensive line coach Bob Palcic in Pensacola.He also had a private workout with Jacksonville, doing enough to land on the team’s radar — and prompt Caldwell and personnel chief Tom Coughlin to scramble to get him in the second round.“We thought that he would be long gone by then,” Caldwell said. “He’s big, strong and powerful.”So is the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Oliver, who will compete with newcomer Geoff Swaim for playing time.Oliver’s specialty is getting open. He had 98 receptions for 1,067 yards and seven touchdowns in four seasons with the Spartans. He caught 56 passes for 709 yards and four touchdowns as a senior in 2018 despite San Jose State starting three different quarterbacks.“I definitely like to (pattern) my game after (Hall of Famer) Tony Gonzalez,” Oliver said. “As a freshman coming in, my college coach showed me a lot of Tony Gonzalez’s tape so I like to do as much as he can because I consider him one of the greatest to ever play.” BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Josh Allen wasn’t sure what to make of someone referring to him as being a happy-go-lucky person because the Buffalo Bills quarterback wondered if it implied he doesn’t take his job seriously.At the same time, Allen was taken aback Wednesday in deflecting the suggestion ll right, like I said, we move as a team, and we’re going to try to have to have that same mindset.”This is the same person who a few weeks ago said, “I just want to play football and win football games,” when asked how much pressure he bore to fill what’s been an unsettled position in Buffalo since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired 22 years ago.Don’t let Allen’s aw-shucks, who-me, off-field approach fool you.The just-turned 23-year-old who proudly chugged a can of beer at teammate Micah Hyde’s recent charity softball tournament, is no different from the player who paused to trash-talk Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey on the way to celebrating a touchdown during a 24-21 win last season.What matters to Allen is he doesn’t want anyone to see him sweat.“Time will come where frustrations happen. Tha . My dad loved it and he says it every day.”Allen has persevered through plenty following a college career in which he was initially overlooked by FBS schools and made the jump from California’s Reedley junior college to Wyoming before being selected by Buffalo with the seventh pick in the draft last year.Having assumed the No. 1 job much earlier than expected following Nathan Peterman’s meltdown in Buffalo’s opener, Allen is tasked with having to build off an inconsistent season.Allen finished with a 5-6 record, in which he went 3-3 down the stretch after missing four games with a sprained right throwing elbow. He showed off his athletic ability by hurdling Minnesota linebacker Anthony Barr in a 27-6 win in Week 3, and followed that with a two-interception outing and a 36.3 quarterback rating in a 22-0 loss at Green Bay.In going 169 of 320 passes for 2,074 yards with 10 TDs and 12 interceptions in 12 games, Allen ranked 32nd in completion percentage, yards passing, touchdowns and touchdowns versus interceptions ratio.Not all the inconsistencies were on Allen, who oversaw an offense featuring a patchwork line and no-name receivers led by Zay Jones and undrafted rookie Robert Foster.He won’t have the same issues this year after the Bills overhauled their offense in free agency by adding receivers Cole Beasley and John Brown, and retooled their line with seven newcomers, led by center Mitch Morse.Another advantage is having an entire offseason to prepare after Allen spent most of last spring and summer working as a third-stringer behind Peterman and AJ McCarron. And he is expected to have a better grasp of the playbook and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s philosop d, and see what he’s got a firm grasp of.”Coach Sean McDermott is encouraged by what he’s seen.“Josh is a young man that is driven and very in-tune and very self-aware to his development as a young man and as a football player and how important that is to our organization,” McDermott said. “I’ve seen that through the habits that he’s undertaken since he left here in January, and then when we got him back, and what he’s done since that time.”In March, Allen invited Bills receivers to work out with him in California. Allen also made a point to greet each of Buffalo’s free-agent additions .That doesn’t mean Allen is anywhere close to being a finished product.A practice highlight Wednesday, featured Allen avoiding the pass rush by rolling to his left and, with a flick of his wrist, lofting a pass to Andre Roberts, who made a leaping catch in double coverage for what would’ve been a 30-yard touchdown. The lowlight followed a few plays later, when Allen rolled to his left and telegraphed a pass easily intercepted by Jordan Poyer.Allen focused on the positive, saying he always looks for the bright si , people are looking at me, I’ve got to get back on track,'” Allen added. “I’ve got to have positive body language, positive talk, and that’s how I keep going.”That doesn’t make him any less driven.“If you want to say happy-go-lucky, that’s OK with me,” Allen said. “But it’s just a positive outlook on life. It’s a positive outlook on our season. I’m really looking forward to what we can do this year.”
MaryHawley
Foreign movement and saying is done for the toiled items for the persons. The change of the society and essay mama reviews is deflected for the contentment and all joys for the persons.