How to bypass Respondus Lockdown browser?

Solutions to everyday questions
miss_unicorn

Hey guys, I'm just about taking this very hard test for one of my classes this semester and yes, I need to cheat if i'm ever gonn pass. The problem is I have to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser. Is there any way to bypass it in any way? I know its just another application with a walk around , just like snapchat! Any one in the same shoes? Thanks!! :lol:
charleyandy

I had similar issue and I can relate. I did a little research and saw a few youtube videos and voila, my solution came knocking.
The Respondus LockDown Browser is easily modified to bypass its virtualization detection and run in vmware. From Respondus' site, "5. Hacker Tested, Market Approved Hundreds of universities and schools around the world use Respondus LockDown Browser. It seems that at least one person (or team) at each institution makes it a quest to "break out" or beat the system. Some of the best minds have taken this special software to task over the years. This is the link to the video. Works like magic if you follow the steps. Thank me later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuR3nZ7KPTQ.
Oakey
Site Admin

My method works like magic,
- Try virtualizing it using specifically oracle VM box Version 5.2.8 r121009 (Qt5.6.2)
DO NOT UPGRADE AFTER INSTALL, IT WILL NOT WORK
After the install try, setup any of the linux debian OS (A youtube video can help or just PM me)
fairytale

I found out this method through a lazy friend like myself. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
It involves using a virtual machine as well but with a few freeware. Download MS Dreamspark from google. You will also need to setup a VM of Windows 8 (Vmware fusion on my MBP and Hackintosh) all with software off of that site. They also have a bunch of other software. If you are taking any IT related class you should have access to it. If you don't contact your department. Download VMware player and install your VM OS. At this point, it doesn't matter if you run windows or linux OS but I'll strongly recommend a Linux OS for smooth bypass of the light respondus lockdown browser. There is no easy way out of this, at least that I know of. I think we should focus on the ahead of the tunnel rather than the task involved. I guess an alternate to these step will be if y'all study.
Boss larry

I just took my first test on the Respondus lockdown browser where they literally invade your privacy. (Still wondering if it’s legal and compulsory for schools to enforce this rule). I researched it a little bit after and it says that it will flag you for "suspicious behaviors", it uses your webcam as an eye tracker that sees if you guise off screen if you leave your computer unattended to for a period or if someone enters the room and can even use your mic to record your sound so no one can whisper to you the answers.

I drank tea and ate my lunch while taking my test since that still seem legal, so I got up holding my surface pro and explaining what I was doing to the camera in order to turn on a light. I also talked to myself the whole time because the test had some weird calculations and I had to read some of the questions aloud to myself.
Have you guys who have taken Respondus proctored tests before been flagged for things like this? If so, did your professor think you were cheating or just realize you are a weirdo who mumbles to themselves and drinks at their PRIVATE time?
superjanie

Boss larry wrote:I just took my first test on the Respondus lockdown browser where they literally invade your privacy. (Still wondering if it’s legal and compulsory for schools to enforce this rule). I researched it a little bit after and it says that it will flag you for "suspicious behaviors", it uses your webcam as an eye tracker that sees if you guise off screen if you leave your computer unattended to for a period or if someone enters the room and can even use your mic to record your sound so no one can whisper to you the answers.

I drank tea and ate my lunch while taking my test since that still seem legal, so I got up holding my surface pro and explaining what I was doing to the camera in order to turn on a light. I also talked to myself the whole time because the test had some weird calculations and I had to read some of the questions aloud to myself.
Have you guys who have taken Respondus proctored tests before been flagged for things like this? If so, did your professor think you were cheating or just realize you are a weirdo who mumbles to themselves and drinks at their PRIVATE time?
I totally agree with you on this. The Respondus Lockdown Browser doesn't seem to me like something that is going to last very long. My course mates are totally against it as well.

This forum has actually been very helpful for solving problems like these. I just tried the VM method @fairytale mentioned and I was able to launch a separate tab while working on my tests. I hope this last for a while before the vulnerabilities are patched. Cheeeeeers! :)
charleyandy

Bypassing respondus lockdown browser using a windows OS is definitely not gonna work. My boyfriend's friend is some tech guru and I usually have to use his ugly looking desktop PC when I need to take any respondus lockdown browser test. Who cares so far it gets the job done. Yeah, The Operating System is probably something i'm not familiar with, since part of his prep is to key in some command on a ugly black and white screen that looks like some windows 95 technology. LOL!
miss_unicorn

How else would I have smashed my exams without you guys. I'm kinda bad at reading and following steps, of cause, that's how we got here in the first place.

I had my nephew go over the configuration steps for me and I'm glad it works fine. I plan on taking a few more exams using the respondus lockdown browser this spring and summer and I'm certain this guide will always come handy
fairytale

miss_unicorn wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:20 am How else would I have smashed my exams without you guys. I'm kinda bad at reading and following steps, of cause, that's how we got here in the first place.

I had my nephew go over the configuration steps for me and I'm glad it works fine. I plan on taking a few more exams using the respondus lockdown browser this spring and summer and I'm certain this guide will always come handy
What are friends for? :)
CIMA

fairytale wrote:
miss_unicorn wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:20 am How else would I have smashed my exams without you guys. I'm kinda bad at reading and following steps, of cause, that's how we got here in the first place.

fairytale wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:23 am

Hey I thought it recognized when a vmware is used