How to bypass Respondus Lockdown browser?

Solutions to everyday questions
HMN189
Thank you @RoxannaC !! I will read more thoroughly through and hopefully get it down lol. My emojis are just from my iPad keyboard. I’m a sucker for them if you couldn’t tell already 🤣🤣🤩💁🏼
rc123

How does this work with the responses webcam? Wouldn't teacher still hear typing? Concerned on multiple choice questions teacher would hear typing
rc123

Can anyone help me with this please? :?
Testedok
rc123 wrote: June 30th, 2018, 7:49 pm How does this work with the responses webcam? Wouldn't teacher still hear typing? Concerned on multiple choice questions teacher would hear typing
My guess is you managed to miss a step from the procedure outlined in the first couple pages of this thread. I had the same issue at first but being within the IT field for nearly a decade and having all of these time to play around with the lockdown browser bypass, I can so much about it at this time.

First of all, you need to understand that the Lockdown Browser application is designed only to lock the command prompt side (cmd) of a user's computer but not the powershell aspect which is an alternative and even works better than CMD.

A simple trick you can do for a work around is if you Alt + Tab out of the Lockdown Browser it would probably do nothing, but if you (hold)Alt + (Constantly Tap!)Tab + (Right-key)Alt, it should allow display this box in the middle of the screen. From there you can go to Search Panel and search for anything. Watch this demonstration for further insights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmAgNjs0Ds

If you are familiar with powershell scripting, then bypassing Resondus Lockdown Browser should be a cake walk for you.
rc123

I'm not. I actually found this forum via google. I was able to do the alt-tab and tab out, but was wondering if the webcam would stop recording as it is supposed to be on "top" of all the other programs? My teacher isn't exactly an IT genius but I don't want 100 flags coming up lol
Testedok
The Alt tab function only navigates you away from your current window, all other processes are still running in the background so yes, your webcam remains on if it was initially turned on. You only need to be smart about your eye movement to not make your audience/instructor see a sudden feel of beaming excitement the moment you navigate to google chrome and successfully query your first question on google. You're staring at the same screen so it's not like you're looking away.
rc123

Testedok wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:53 pm The Alt tab function only navigates you away from your current window, all other processes are still running in the background so yes, your webcam remains on if it was initially turned on. You only need to be smart about your eye movement to not make your audience/instructor see a sudden feel of beaming excitement the moment you navigate to google chrome and successfully query your first question on google. You're staring at the same screen so it's not like you're looking away.
I was told by someone on Reddit who was a TA that because you tab away from it they would see a "flag" :roll: Unfortunately I am stuck with a teacher who isn't teaching (no lecture, no notes, etc) it's an all online class and half the images she posts are broken - last week she managed to put up the ENTIRE WRONG SUBJECT and when we called her on it she said "whoops". I have 3 weeks left and I'm pretty much trying to do anything I can to just pass lol She doesn't respond to emails or anything at all
Testedok
rc123 wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 6:04 pm
Testedok wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:53 pm The Alt tab function only navigates you away from your current window, all other processes are still running in the background so yes, your webcam remains on if it was initially turned on. You only need to be smart about your eye movement to not make your audience/instructor see a sudden feel of beaming excitement the moment you navigate to google chrome and successfully query your first question on google. You're staring at the same screen so it's not like you're looking away.
I was told by someone on Reddit who was a TA that because you tab away from it they would see a "flag" :roll: Unfortunately I am stuck with a teacher who isn't teaching (no lecture, no notes, etc) it's an all online class and half the images she posts are broken - last week she managed to put up the ENTIRE WRONG SUBJECT and when we called her on it she said "whoops". I have 3 weeks left and I'm pretty much trying to do anything I can to just pass lol She doesn't respond to emails or anything at all
Wow, That's some incredibly weird instructor out there, I had a similar story like your during spring and that's definitely how I got to know Forumine for providing solution to cool stuffs like these.

Please not that the ALT + TAB function is NOT an alternative to bypassing the Respondus Lockdown browser but just one of my suggestion after all deliverable have been met. Of cause, If you alt + tab at the beginning of your test without prior rituals, flags will be raised... That's why we have write ups from a few of us here who have a working solution for the fix.

Reconnaissance is key my dear, 90% of the instructions that were previously mentioned had to do with covering your tracks. You don't want to be caught cheating.
rc123

Testedok wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 7:36 pm
rc123 wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 6:04 pm
Wow, That's some incredibly weird instructor out there, I had a similar story like your during spring and that's definitely how I got to know Forumine for providing solution to cool stuffs like these.

Please not that the ALT + TAB function is NOT an alternative to bypassing the Respondus Lockdown browser but just one of my suggestion after all deliverable have been met. Of cause, If you alt + tab at the beginning of your test without prior rituals, flags will be raised... That's why we have write ups from a few of us here who have a working solution for the fix.

Reconnaissance is key my dear, 90% of the instructions that were previously mentioned had to do with covering your tracks. You don't want to be caught cheating.
Thank you, do you happen to know if a KVM switch with a remote would work? I will have my husband take a look at the instructions here, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to computers (as you can probably tell) thanks again for all the help!
angelicaschreave
Hey Guys!
I'm new to using respondus (my first exam being Sunday) since I have always used Proctor U, but now I am taking an "easy" class with a hard/mean professor and I really need to pass to keep my GPA up. It's anatomy in a foreign language, making it twice as hard, and I really need my notes with me.

What's the easiest way to get through the browser and have another tab open? (or should i print everything and hide it) ANY advice welcome! :) I have a lenovo touchschreen laptop (and an ipad but that runs too slow) Anything that doesn't raise any flags please!!

I've read everything above but I am a newbie to technology so the simpler you guys can make it for me the better! :) Thanks so much for all the help! Hopefully y'all read this soon :)