How to bypass Respondus Lockdown browser?

Solutions to everyday questions
fairytale

CIMA wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 4:40 am
fairytale wrote:
miss_unicorn wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:20 am How else would I have smashed my exams without you guys. I'm kinda bad at reading and following steps, of cause, that's how we got here in the first place.

I had my nephew go over the configuration steps for me and I'm glad it works fine. I plan on taking a few more exams using the respondus lockdown browser this spring and summer and I'm certain this guide will always come handy
What are friends for? :)
fairytale wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:23 am
miss_unicorn wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:20 am How else would I have smashed my exams without you guys. I'm kinda bad at reading and following steps, of cause, that's how we got here in the first place.

I had my nephew go over the configuration steps for me and I'm glad it works fine. I plan on taking a few more exams using the respondus lockdown browser this spring and summer and I'm certain this guide will always come handy
Hey I thought it recognized when a vmware is used
That is if you don't use the right version. Looks like the trick only works on just two versions of VMs
CIMA

which ones
Nightingale

Well, I eventually got into the slim list of those who have their respondus lockdown browser by passed. I hope this secret last atleast another decade before its patched, so my kids can benefit from this dividend of internet freedom as well. Considering how my previous relationship with computers have been, I should call my self an hacker for making this work...lmao
charleyandy

Glad to see how the comments, PMs and replies were very helpful.
I'm glad I gave it a shot and it works perfectly fine.
Special thanks to @fairytale on the answers and helpful point of contact during difficulty
as well as forumine! who helped me Aced my Respondus Lockdown Browser plaform exams.
This forum remains to be one of my biggest stop on the internet.
Boss larry

I just got a PM from someone who just found another vulnerability in the respondus lockdown browser application. He specifically used a touch-screen laptop (Acer) and was able to open a second tab within the browser and do a split screen to make copy-paste easy.

According to him, he successfully made A's in his two courses already and that sounds interesting. I would have loved to post the details in here but I have a feeling then, it'll be public. I am willing to assist anyone bypass/complete the install in case they get stuck somewhere in the middle of the explanations aforementioned. Happy surfing~
Nightingale

Some comments here have been helpful so far, in fact, considering how I don't like to read or follow instructions, I'm still able to comprehend most of the explanations. Although, some of the posts here ain't really straight forward. I'll assume the posts were deliberately made ambiguous due to the sensitivity of the topic. I'll highly recommend posts and comments from user @ Fairy tale it's nice to mention here that he does reply PMs as well, at least mine.
jeskarwr

Boss larry wrote: May 16th, 2018, 8:28 pm I just got a PM from someone who just found another vulnerability in the respondus lockdown browser application. He specifically used a touch-screen laptop (Acer) and was able to open a second tab within the browser and do a split screen to make copy-paste easy.

According to him, he successfully made A's in his two courses already and that sounds interesting. I would have loved to post the details in here but I have a feeling then, it'll be public. I am willing to assist anyone bypass/complete the install in case they get stuck somewhere in the middle of the explanations aforementioned. Happy surfing~
I am currently using this software and it's such a pain! Would you be able to assist?
RoxannaC

@jeskarwr , What software is that? Before making my way in here, I succeeded in downloading a bunch of viruses on my PC in the quest of hacking my way out of the respondus lockdown browser.

From what I discovered, there a few vulnerabilities the are being exploited for this browser. The easiest one I used was launching task manager using "ctrl+alt+del", then lock your current user, unlock the user after a few seconds, and the taskbar at the bottom should be visible for a few seconds.... If you quickly click a program in the open taskbar (I think you got 10 seconds) then you can access whatever you want.
jeskarwr

The Respondus Lockdown browser. Will this work for iOS because I have a MacBook? Thanks!
cago92
fairytale wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 5:31 pm
CIMA wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 4:40 am
fairytale wrote:
fairytale wrote: May 1st, 2018, 12:23 am

Hey I thought it recognized when a vmware is used
That is if you don't use the right version. Looks like the trick only works on just two versions of VMs
so, what is the right version? could someone pm me?