Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady and the Patriots offense

All discussions welcome
zhangzk

ATLANTA (AP) — For five plays nd for 2 minutes, 49 seconds, looked like the one that cruised up and down the field for most of the season.Turns out, that’s all they needed.On a day that knocked two of the NFL’s highest-flying scoring machines back into the 1970s — or ’50s — Brady mustered one good drive when it mattered.He went 4-for-4, including a perfect teardrop pass nestled into the hands of Rob Gronkowski , to set up the game’s only touchdown on the way to a 13-3 victory over the Los Angeles Rams.New England won its record-tying sixth Super Bowl title. Brady became the first player to win six rings.All on the strength of one measly touchdown — in the lowest-scoring Super Bowl ever.“We could’ve played better offensively,” Brady said, “but the reality is, you get into these games and you just need to figure out a way to win it.”Make no mistake — they won it with defense. And kicking. And Julian Edelman, the diminutive receiver who found gaps in the Los Angeles zone and caught a game-high 10 passes for 141 yards. He was named Most Valuable Player.“The defense was unreal,” Edelman said. “They should be the MVP.”Brady http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-hunter-renfrow-jersey , who has won that award four times, was fine — but nothing more — until the drive that began with 9:49 remaining, with the game tied at 3 in the first Super Bowl to go three quarters without a touchdown.He hit Gronkowski for 18 yards, found Edelman in the zone for 13. He threw a dump-off pass to Rex Burkhead for seven. Then, the best pass of the day — the 29-yard completion to Gronkowski, who was double-covered and had Rams linebacker Cory Littleton practically dragging him to the ground as he made the catch.“Tom threw it to me and I had to make a play,” Gronkowski said. “I just come through whenever it’s that time. He knows to trust in me.”Sony Michel took the handoff on the next play for a 2-yard score. Anyone who had only tuned in for that drive might have wondered what all the fuss — and all the yawning — was about.For anyone outside of linebackers, defensive coordinators and people who bet the under (56 ½ points), this was ugly.Brady and the Patriots looked nothing like the team that averaged more than 27 points a game this season,that put up 37 points against the Chiefs in the AFC title game, that didn’t allow a sack — and barely allowed Brady to be touched — in the two playoff games leading to the trip to Atlanta.Brady finished 21 for 35 for 262 yards and an interception. He got sacked once but harassed a lot more by Rams defenders. the Patriots scored 31 points in the second half and overtime for a 34-28 come-from-behind win over Atlanta and title No. 5. Or even last year, when they moved up and down the field with the Eagles, but lost 41-33.“We couldn’t get points on the board for one reason or another,” Brady said, “but in the end, it feels a lot better than last year, when we did get some points on the board.”In this one, Brady’s very first pass— after New England started the game with four straight runs that got them to the Rams 34 — got tipped up by receiver Chri to show for it. They outgained Los Angeles 195-57 in the first half but had one Stephen Gostkowski field goal — and another Gostkowski miss — for a paltry 3-0 lead.The Rams tied it late in the third quarter on a 53-yard field goal by Greg Zuerlein.Then, suddenly, Brady looked like Brady again. It didn’t last long. It was more than enough. Before he became a major character in the sports equivalent of a reality show, Raiders General Manager Mike Mayock worked in commercial real estate.So while he’s negotiating his first round of free agent deals as a rookie G.M., he has negotiated before. And he has principles he recalled that he out into play when working with wide receiver Antonio Brown on the contract which would become the richest at Brown’s position.“I spent 18 years in commercial real estate [in New Jersey]. I was negotiating major deals every day of the week,” Mayock told Peter King of NBC’s . “What I learned over the years about deal-making that applies to any business is this: If your intention is to win the deal, that is rarely going to work and it’ll piss people off.“But if your intention is making deals and not caring about the winner or the loser, you can make a lot of deals. And both sides can walk away feeling good. And that’s what happened here.”Mayock and agent Drew Rosenhaus hit a hurdle the Friday before the deal was completed, to the extent that Mayock said when he went to bed that night he assu off the table,” Mayock said. “Our trade with Pittsburgh was contingent on us reaching a deal with Drew for Antonio, but that was very much in doubt last Friday night.“If you want to get a deal done, Drew will stay at it with tenacity. But we woke up on Saturday without a deal. He had a position and I had a position. We had some issues with the amount of guaranteed money they wanted, and how far we were willing to go. Plus, AB wanted to be the highest-paid receiver in football. Those were issues we had to address. Those respective positions cost us a deal on Friday night.“But what I knew was AB wanted to play for Jon Gruden. Drew and I were willing to keep chipping away.”Together they did, and Brown got a deal with $30 million in guarantees, and Mayock got a win by acquiring one of the best players in the game.It wasn’t a New Jersey office building or anything, but it was a significant win for a franchise that badly needs them.