Is college a waste of money and time?

All discussions welcome
fairytale

There is a revolution in education across the world today, making it the most difficulties invalid or inapplicable to the present generation but eventually evolving with other issues. . So far better life is the hopeful end result, students lack the self-drive for college education.

Education will NOT help students make money in the future (The earlier you know this the better). This can as well be be two-sided because sometimes, most of these hypothesis were never true. Being educated has never been a criteria for a secured future. However, education puts an individual edge over their peers in this present generation.

Imagine how rich you will be today, if only you saved up all of your tuition.
miss_unicorn

Most definitely. Getting all the degrees is no certainty for success. I think success in life generally happen when luck meets opportunity.
RoxannaC

College is definitely not for everybody. The earlier you realize what works for you the better. That being said, I think it is every parent's responsibility to at least ensure their kids complete their high school. This is because high school kids are still considered dependent at this stage of their life and most of the adults around them make the best decisions on their behalf, based on their discretion and circumstances surrounding the situation.
Testedok
It's funny how most people who argue about this topic never put the mentality of students in place, which is the most important in this topic. I attended college simply because I want to end up being educated. It is not because I am smart nor because I do have a special skills/talent that differentiates me from my peers therefore I study, read and practice so that I can remain relevant to the world in general. I strongly believe that the vast majority of people are not educated and as a result we are amazed at the first signs of intelligence.

This video perfectly provides a solution to the questions asked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTSLpT__Wts
pdxninja1

It's clear to see that you have no education, fairytale, as your post is incoherent dribble. So, I'll do you a favor and lay out the no-brainer reason why an education is fundamental to your future.

This post is a complete lie. A quality education is critical to your success.

For example, education taught me how to critically analyze your post and figure out that you're full of ****. You provide no facts, or reasoning to support your argument.

An education costs between $5,000 - $30,000. The debt is 4% (a good interest rate). That education allows you to earn $20/hr right out of college in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science. The minimum wage is $10. So, a college education allows you to earn $10 more per hour. At a normal job, you will work 2080 hours a year (52 weeks x 40 hours). So each and every year, that college degree will earn you $20,800 more. At that rate, a college degree will generate $624,000 over the course of your working life.

The cost of a college education is paltry. With a college education, you can get a job in the competitive world of tomorrow. That is called an "investment", something you should learn about.
fairytale

pdxninja1 wrote: May 21st, 2018, 2:42 pm It's clear to see that you have no education, fairytale, as your post is incoherent dribble. So, I'll do you a favor and lay out the no-brainer reason why an education is fundamental to your future.

This post is a complete lie. A quality education is critical to your success.

For example, education taught me how to critically analyze your post and figure out that you're full of ****. You provide no facts, or reasoning to support your argument.

An education costs between $5,000 - $30,000. The debt is 4% (a good interest rate). That education allows you to earn $20/hr right out of college in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science. The minimum wage is $10. So, a college education allows you to earn $10 more per hour. At a normal job, you will work 2080 hours a year (52 weeks x 40 hours). So each and every year, that college degree will earn you $20,800 more. At that rate, a college degree will generate $624,000 over the course of your working life.

The cost of a college education is paltry. With a college education, you can get a job in the competitive world of tomorrow. That is called an "investment", something you should learn about.
I'm not sure what the basis of your argument is but you need to attack the point and not the subject here. This is an act of troll to make baseless points as such.

Let's talk about Bill Gates, Did you know he was a high school drop out? What about Mark Zuck. of Facebook? Just to mention a few.

Most of my friends are artists and consider art an ability and no what can be instilled, which is a simple reason they choose to not go to school.
Nightingale

If anyone ever thinks that all a college education does is to prepare graduates for a career, then it means you have obviously never had the opportunity to experience the untold advantages it has to offer. Colleges and universities don’t teach students WHAT to think; rather, they teach them TO THINK.

That being said, the choice remains yours to make, but which ever one you choose, make sure its not the one that impacts your offspring, friends or your loved ones because that is the best legacy you can give to them and education is a civic right for you kids.
GraceAnderson
I do not think so. Education is rather important. But the most necessary questioncan be asked about the direction to study? Have you chosen it on your own wishes or your parents etc.?
VillieZ

I think it depends on persons goals. If person needs the education, than college is that thing that will help, but if person thinks that college, will give him/her an easy way to success - that person thinks wrong.
marryjonathan

In the event that your exposition point doesn't effectively limit in on a specific point of conversation, you might end up attempting to expound on such a more info allegroartsandframing.com can incorporate meetings, tests or investigations. Adding a genuinely new thing to your subject is generally a paper in addition to.