Tom Brady football to be auctioned has Cowboys connection

All discussions welcome
supkill123

A unique piece of NFL memorabilia is going up for auction on Sunday. While bidders on this twenty-year-old game-used football will no doubt be focused on the significance it holds for the man who threw it, Cowboys fans have an additional connection with the player who caught it during the 2001 season.To get more news about Demarcus Lawrence, you can visit cowboysbuy.com official website.

The ball from Tom Brady’s first touchdown throw as a pro has been in the hands of a private seller since October 14 of that year, the day it was fired into the stands at the old Foxboro Stadium by the Patriots wide receiver who caught it.

Terry Glenn, who went on to play for the Cowboys from 2003 to 2007, was Brady’s target on that score. After coming down with the throw, Glenn walked to the back of the end zone, and- unaware that the ball would one day be considered a valuable piece of NFL history- chucked it into the crowd.It was a melee. I stood up on my seat, I pushed my buddy to my left,” the anonymous seller said, per a fascinating ESPN piece on the ball’s journey in the years since. “The other two guys, I handed them my beer in a gentle way. I jumped up, tussled with a group of other fans around me, and I came down with the ball.”

After catching (and then giving away) Brady’s first touchdown pass, Glenn finished the 2001 season in New England, then spent 2002 in Green Bay.

He was traded to Dallas in 2003, where he was reunited with former Patriots coach Bill Parcells and, later, quarterback Drew Bledsoe. He was released by the Cowboys prior to the start of the 2008 season due to concerns about a knee injury.

Glenn was tragically killed in a one-car accident in late 2017 near Dallas. In 54 games as a Cowboy, Glenn caught 208 balls for 3,337 yards and 20 scores.

But it’s one he caught from Tom Brady- the very first touchdown from the greatest to ever play the position- that will no doubt fetch a handsome sum when it goes on the auction block this weekend.