The Good, Bad And Ugly From The Green Bay Packers’ NFL Draft

All discussions welcome
supkill123

These were the Green Bay Packers’ greatest needs heading into the 2021 NFL Draft. And the Packers spent the three-day draft attacking them.To buy more Packers Men Limited with cheap price, you can visit packernfl.com official website.

Green Bay took three offensive linemen and two cornerbacks among their nine draft picks. The Packers also plucked a wide receiver, defensive tackle, inside linebacker and a running back.

“It’s interesting,” Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said. “Every year you end up with a bunch of guys and you never really know how it’s going to pan out, but you always usually have a little bit of a feeling how quickly these guys can adapt. And I feel really good about this group.

“I think there’s some guys that are going to help us immediately and I just think that are all suited kind of for long-term success in the NFL. I know that’s very rare and it doesn’t always happen, but I like all these guys’ chances.”Putting it on the line: According to Pro Football Focus, the Packers’ offensive line ranked No. 2 in the league last year. There were major concerns, though, with center Corey Linsley and guard Lane Taylor leaving in free agency, and the release of tackle Ricky Wagner.

In addition, left tackle David Bakhtiari (ACL) is unlikely to be ready for the season-opener.

But the Packers did a terrific job replenishing the talent and depth up front.Second round center Josh Myers of Ohio State seems likely to step in for Linsley from Day 1. Fourth round tackle/guard Royce Newman could battle for playing time early, while sixth round tackle/guard Cole Van Lanen has a chance to make the roster.

“Certainly anytime you add talent like we did over the last three days, that versatility is vital to our success as an offense and as a football team,” Packers coach Matt LaFleur said.

Throw in the fact Green Bay used three sixth round draft picks on linemen in 2020 and there should be plenty of options to keep the line among the top-10 in football.The Packers used their first round pick on Georgia cornerback Eric Stokes, a blazer who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.29 seconds at Georgia’s pro day. That time is believed to be the fastest by any player at a pro day in the 2021 draft.

“As we went through the process today, he was kind of sticking out like a sore thumb on our board and we didn't really think he had a chance to get there,” Gutekunst said of Stokes. “We thought maybe when we started, there might be an outside chance, but as the board fell and some of those corners went off early, we weren't really sure if we were gonna be able to, he was gonna get to us, and we were really excited that he did.”

The Packers brought back their top three corners from a year ago, but Stokes will have every chance to supplant Kevin King or Chandon Sullivan in the lineup. If that happens, Stokes, plus Pro Bowl cornerback Jaire Alexander and the dynamic safety duo of Adrian Amos and Darnell Savage will give the Packers one of the top-5 secondaries on football.