F O R U M I N E

The front page of forums

fairytale wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 17:40 Guys

You should try running the program on a Linux host machine and not a VM as the Respondus Lockdown Browser patch seem to recognize virtual machines now.

To do this, you'll need to run Linux Os as a second local host OS as opposed to virtual machines as relayed in previous posts although I still get proof from foruminers about how they are able to bypass the lockdown browser the native way. Doing this should solve any issues with VMs.

In case you need help to set a Windows/Linux dual boot on your pc, this video should help:
The Respondus installer is an .exe file. Can Linux run this file?
EfazKhan wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:24
lakerz690 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 13:05
lakerz690 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 13:00

I used the exact version of Oracle VM and Debian 9 a couple days ago. Respondus won't even let you install on it becuase it says the OS is not supported. So for me that route is not working.
Update, I'm going to try fairytales route right now, with the dual boot with Linux. For some reason I was trying to use Ubuntu.
The left Alt+Tab + right Alt + Tab seems to work for me on my Windows 10 laptop. Then if u do three finger swipe on the trackpad, u can select recent app like chrome.
Yea I tried that method as well, which did work. I'm just paranoid of being flagged or my teacher actually watching the video and possibly hearing me constantly jam the Ctrl and Alt keys. A lot of her question I actually have to type out my work, most aren't just multiple choice.
lakerz690 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 17:49
lakerz690 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 13:05

Update, I'm going to try fairytales route right now, with the dual boot with Linux. For some reason I was trying to use Ubuntu.
The left Alt+Tab + right Alt + Tab seems to work for me on my Windows 10 laptop. Then if u do three finger swipe on the trackpad, u can select recent app like chrome.
Yea I tried that method as well, which did work. I'm just paranoid of being flagged or my teacher actually watching the video and possibly hearing me constantly jam the Ctrl and Alt keys. A lot of her question I actually have to type out my work, most aren't just multiple choice.
Mine are all multiple choice. So any kind of typing will be suspicious :cry: I will put my headphones plugged in to prevent the typing noise being recorded
EfazKhan wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 18:00
lakerz690 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 17:49

Mine are all multiple choice. So any kind of typing will be suspicious :cry: I will put my headphones plugged in to prevent the typing noise being recorded
Would that actually work? Wouldn't you technically need to plug in a mic headset in order for the original laptop mic to transfer over to use sound off the headset? Would it be flagged? The easier way would to just cover up your mics with tape, but idk if Respondus would flag you becuase there is no sound being recorded. You also have to do a mic check prior to taking the exam, but you can always cover the mics up with tape after, that is if it doesnt find anything supicious.
How can I even do this with a MacBook Pro? I feel like the new route fairytale described would be impossible for me and other Mac users. If I do seem to install do I have to uninstall respondus and then install it again?
If you are a Mac user and you intend to successfully bypass respondus lockdown browser, I'll advice that you save yourself the stress and get you a cheat hp or dell laptop runnung windows or linux on ebay.

I got one from Ebay late August and religously studied every step right described by the obvious bright brains on this thread from the beginning of this thread while watching the videos attached attentively. It eventually works still... thank you!!

The cone crusher is an important ore dressing equi[…]

1. Remove foreign matter from the mobile coal crus[…]

So once I'm running a linux distro (say ubuntu?) w[…]

Is Youtube down right now?

Great thing to find out I'm not alone. One would i[…]

Download our app