The Pittsburgh Steelers insist there’s still a chance wide receiver

All discussions welcome
zhangzk

Antonio Brown could return next season.Brown doesn’t see it that way.According to a transcript provided by HBO he four-time All-Pro told LeBron James on James’ HBO show “The Shop” that there’s “too much smoke” between Brown and the team for Brown to play for Pittsburgh in 2019. Brown’s conversation with James marked his first extended public comments since requesting a trade last month.The Steelers are shopping Brown but general manager Kevin Colbert has stressed the team won’t cut him or make any personnel move that would be detrimental to the team, reiterating there’s a possibility the Steelers won’t move Brown if they don’t receive what they consider fair value.Brown, speaking with a group that included James, rapper Meek Mill, actor Jamie Foxx and New Orleans Pelicans center Anthony Davis, took issue with the way the team has portrayed him after benching him for the regular season finale against Cincinnati. Brown says he told head coach Mike Tomlin he was banged up, and Tomlin then told him to go home. Tomlin said the team benched Brown because Brown declined to update them on his health in the 24 hours leading up to kickoff.“It’s a controlled environment to where they could, they could kind of determine if, if they want to let me eat or not,” Brown said.Brown said the team only labeled him a “distraction” after he started “doing his own thing.”“That’s the narrative they try to create,” Brown said.Brown added he has a problem with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Brown said Roethlisberger “feels like he’s the owner.” Brown pointed to Roethlisberger’s comments about Brown running the wrong route in the end zone in the final moments of a loss to Denver late in the regular season. Roethlisberger threw an interception on the play. Brown feels Roethlisberger should have taken more responsibility.“I’m over here wide open!” Brown said. “You need to give me a better ball! But it’s like in the league, you’re going to have a guy from the team that’ll be like, ‘Boy http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marquise-blair-jersey , you can’t say nothing.'” ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Jeff Holland takes his inspiration from Von Miller on the practice field and Phillip Lindsay in the locker room.The former Auburn star met Miller while preparing for the NFL draft. When his name wasn’t called, he quickly signed with Denver so he could learn from the best — with lessons thrown in from two other first-rounders, rookie Bradley Chubb and Shane Ray, along with Shaq Barrett and pass rush consultant DeMarcus Ware.“Being around those guys, it’s like stealing,” Holland said Friday after he was promoted from the practice squad with Barrett (hip flexor) out for two to four weeks.“Von, I pick his brain. D-Ware, I take stuff from him. It’s an honor to be around those guys and get taught by those guys. A lot of guys don’t have that opportunity.”Holland found fortune yet again when he got a locker next to Lindsay , whose 780 rushing yards are the most by an undrafted rookie through 11 games since the 1970 merger.“Being undrafted, we got a certain chip on our shoulder that every play we’ve got to play hard because it’s something that somebody nearly took from us, a team might not have called us,” Holland said. “Being that guy means we’v y will be his first.Holland signed with the Broncos on May 1 and shined in training camp, collecting two sacks and recovering a fumble in the preseason. After failing to make the 53-man roster, the former All-SEC first-team selection signed with the Broncos practice squad.“My agent was saying a lot of teams contacted him but you know I got so close with my guys in my room, I had to come back,” Holland said. “Leaving here would have been bad. It’s a good fit for me. The guys here, man, the coaches, I fell in love with it, so I wouldn’t want to leave here for nothing.”Holland could be active when the Broncos (5-6) visit the Bengals (5-6) in Cincinnati, where dual-threat quarterback Jeff Driskel is making his first career start.Holland said he’s eager to join the likes of Lindsay, Chris Harris Jr., Todd Davis and Case Keenum, all of whom have made a name for themselves after go eko said. “Being somewhere for 11 seasons, over a decade, and to go back for the first time — I know last year they came up here, but it’s going to be different being on the opposite sideline.“It’s definitely going to be emotional because I’ve got a chip on my shoulder from them. I’m definitely going to go out there and do my job.”Peko said he still harbors ill feelings about the Bengals moving on from him last year because he had to uproot his family.“Now I’m here, I thank God that I’m here and my teammates embrace me. They welcomed me with open arms here, and the organization has loved me, especially Broncos C r receiver-returner River Cracraft, who’s honoring his friend and Washington State teammate Tyler Hilinski , who killed himself in January.“It was kind of like a first instinct,” said Cracraft, whose red-orange and blue cleats promote Hilinski’s Hope, the foundation Tyler’s family created in his memory to support programs destigmatizing mental illness.He said it’ll mean a lot to wear them in a game, “if not for anyone else for me to represent my guy, at the very least. I’m hoping it’ll catch a few eyes.”