sshuttle - the "poor man's VPN"

All discussions welcome
calculatorrowing

jiniwinapex wrote: January 25th, 2019, 1:29 am OpenConnect is an implementation of AnyConnect, which is a patented, closed source protocol from Cisco. The AirVPN mission is to use only free, open source software, so the answer is no.

Regarding the cipher, I think it was just a typo and they were in-fact referring to GCM. Either way, I wouldn't go back to their service. I love how AirVPN is only open source.
calculatorrowing

jiniwinapex wrote: January 25th, 2019, 1:30 am I'd like to clarify a few things. First, IVPN did pay me for the work. And, having written a leak-testing guide for them, I knew that I hadn't managed to make their Windows or OSX clients leak. As long as their firewall was on, that is. However, I was entirely free to choose which other VPNs to test. And there were no restrictions on what I could or couldn't report. Indeed, I reported that six Windows clients didn't leak, and four OS X clients.

Second, I did in fact leave the default "Allow pings" option checked in the AirVPN client's "Network Lock". But here's the thing: I didn't even look at the options. Nor did I look at options for the firewall in IVPN's Windows and OSX clients, or at options for any firewall/lock/kill-switch features in other VPN clients. If I saw a firewall/lock/kill-switch feature, I enabled it. Also any other top-level security features. But I did no fine tuning.
RichardBreece

jiniwinapex wrote: January 25th, 2019, 1:30 am I'd like to clarify a few things. First, IVPN did pay me for the work. And, having written a leak-testing guide for them, I knew that I hadn't managed to make their Windows or OSX clients leak. As long as their firewall was on, that is. However, I was entirely free to choose which other VPNs to test. And there were no restrictions on what I could or couldn't report. Indeed, I reported that six Windows clients didn't leak, and four OS X clients.
As I tested my favorite one, it has no restrictions of using. You can check everything with the help of this or just stop the dangerous programs and codes 'invasion'.